“Social economy – a model of sustainable development”
Funder: Norway Grants 2009-2014 – Romania Green Industry Innovation Programme(ProgramulInovare Verde înIndustria din România)
Period: September 2014 – April 2016Initiator and applicant: Fundatia de DezvoltareLocala “Speranta”
Green Industry Innovation Programme Romania is a business development program, which aims at increasing the competitiveness of green enterprises, greening existing industries, innovation and development of the green entrepreneurial spirit in Romania. The vision of the Green Innovation
in Industry program is:
Good for business and good for the environment.
Fundatia de DezvoltareLocala “Speranta” aims through this project to develop and promote a “green” business model in the social economy both in terms of green process management and production. We believe that the personal example is the best way to promote change towards a sustainable development of the community.
Objectives and specific activities of the project (outputs):
O1. Creation and implementation within the foundation of a green management and production process, based on responsible consumption, utilization of renewable sources of energy and the development of new green products through the reutilization of waste or from eco-friendly materials.
- Extension and thermo-energetic rehabilitation of the building in which the foundation runs its activities of social economy: (exterior thermic insulation of the building, installation of solar photo-voltaic panels for production of hot water and electric energy in own
system, replacement of the existent thermic power plants with more modern ones that are more energy efficient, replacement of the current lighting lamps with LEDs
- The introduction, implementation and certification of Environmental Management System (ISO 14001) for the foundation’s activities in order to improve the environmental management of the foundation in accordance with current national and international laws and
regulations. A person will be recruited and trained in the field of environmental management system.
O2. Development of the textile workshop from the protected unit with new green products made from reusable textile materials (waste) and other environmental friendly materials.
The following activities are planned:
- Expansion of production facilities for these new green products including both construction and purchase of specific equipment and a van (second-hand);
- Development of new green products from textile and other ecologic materials – improvement / development of the “green” production.
- Creation of 3 “green” jobs..
O3. Promoting the “green” business model of Fundatia de DezvoltareLocala “Speranta”, in order to assure the sustainability of its production.
The specific activities of this objective are:
- Promotion and visibility activities of the project and financier;
- Creating a “green brand” of the foundation and promoting it through: promotional materials,e-mail / telephone, online advertising, newsletters, websites, direct sales etc.
- Direct marketing by sending 200 green products to selected organizations to promote the new green brand of the organization;
- Participation in at least two fairs with the new green products made;
- Introducing the green brand to regular events in the community and Natural Park Vanatori – Neamt, as a tool to promote new environmental friendly products;
- Establishment of 2 stands for promoting the green products.
Results and impact expected as a result of implementing this project:
- Reduction of the conventional energy consumption (gas, electricity) and increasing energy efficiency of the building in which the social services and protected unit function;
- Minimize environmental impact of activities foundation and other industries through the re-use of textile waste in our green production.
- Obtaining the conditions for development and increasing the competitiveness of the textile workshop by replacing the existing equipment with more efficient ones;
- Product development and diversification of the protected unit by using ecologic waste and materials; the realization of at least two new green products;
- 3 “green” jobs created by the project;
- Replicating our “green” business model in other social economic organizations.